To supervise and instruct Deck Crew (Riggers, Rigger/Welders, Rigger/Crane Operators where applicable) during operations
Ensure all activities are carried out in an organised, safe and efficient manner, and to maximise the operational performance of the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To conduct activities in accordance with the HSE Management System requirements and to meet all legal obligations incorporated in the HSE Management system, specifically to meet those responsibilities defined within procedure CORP/H&S/P/SP1.1 – HSE Roles and Responsibilities.
• Ensure all rigging equipment is kept in good order and certification is maintained.
• Ensure the safe and efficient execution of deck operations.
• Plan for, and lead a team of Riggers during all stages of deck operations.
• Safe and efficient execution of deck operations, including rigging, product handling and heavy lifting activities associated with the launch and recovery of subsea equipment.
• Rigging stores are adequately stocked and maintained
• All rigging equipment is kept in good order and certification is maintained.
• Completion of employee assessments
• Complete the Deckleader approved competency programme
• Assist with the implementation of planned maintenance schedule, including maintenance of stock levels of rigging gear, spares and consumables.
• Assist when required with the mobilisation, loading, operation and demobilisation of vessel spreads and associated equipments.
• Ensure the rigging stores are correctly maintained to ensure damage is not caused to materials and equipment.
• Ensure any damaged rigging or rigging requiring certification is quarantined and removed from the existing rigging loft.
• Assist the Shift Superintendent in delivering safety briefings, tool box talks etc.
• Under the direction of the Shift Superintendent, assist in sea fastening of equipment prior to departure and during long transit periods and periods of expected bad weather.
• Conduct self assessment of work area for safety, and inform Shift Superintendent when a safe system of work is not covered within the risk assessment.
• Ensure the correct use of PPE at all time, and regular inspect PPE equipment for fitness.
• Manage the back deck operations
• Ensure all practical measures are taken to prevent pollution and damage to equipment
• Ensure an acceptable and safe level of general housekeeping of all working areas.
• Maintain good working relationships with all personnel, act in the very best interest of the Company at all times, and encourage and motivate the team responsible for.
• Ensure assessments are completed for all direct operational reports.
• Liaise with Shift Superintendent and/or Offshore Manager highlighting recommendations and improvements to the operations of the Company
• To be responsible for the training and development of inexperienced colleagues
• Ensure that the Company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy is strictly adhered to.
• Good Leaderships skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good decision maker
• Able to motivate self and others
• Ability to handle difficult decisions
• Able to work under pressure
• Ability to work to tight deadline
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in inclement conditions
• Act as ambassador for the Company when dealing with colleges, clients and other external personnel
• GCSE in Maths and English – or equivalent
• Experience in MS Office programmes
• Industry Recognised Rigging Qualification
• Banksman/ Slinger/ Signaller training
• Mobile Elevated Work Platform
• Familiar with Rigging Certification – be conversant with the safety requirements of lifting tackle, shackles, slings etc.
• Experience with the socketing and splicing of different types of ropes, including large diameter tow/lift wires.
• Wire Rope Socketing Certificate (desirable)
• Forklift Truck Licence (desirable)
• Stage 2 Crane Operator certificate (advantageous)
Shift Superintendent (Operational)
Offshore Crewing Manager (Corporate)
Rigger/ Crane Operator(Operational)